Information systems: examples. Accounting information systems
There are a large number of categories,which are divided into modern information systems. Examples of them are found in almost every modern company, with each category occupying a certain niche in the production cycle, performing a full range of activities related to the information support of an enterprise.
What are they like?
As mentioned above, there are several basic types, into which information systems are divided. Examples:
- ERP. Designed to plan the company's resources.
- CRM. A unique model of interaction, whichassumes that the client is at the center of the business philosophy, and that the main activities of this company are measures aimed at supporting sales, effective marketing and customer service.
- ECM. Technical architecture and strategic infrastructure designed to support a single life cycle of unstructured content of different formats and types.
- CPM. The structure of business performance management, which covers a full range of tasks related to financial and strategic business management.
- HRM. The scope of theoretical and practical activities, the main purpose of which is timely provision of the company with personnel, as well as the most rational use of the forces of employees.
- EAM. This information system is used forIn order to automate the processes related to the maintenance of equipment and its repair. Also this system provides after-sales service of this equipment.
- EDMS. Accounting information systems, which are intended for the management of enterprise documents.
- Workflow. The system that is responsible for the turnover of documents in the enterprise, starting from the standard order and ending with the final routes and versions of the documentation used.
- Collaboration. The system that is intended forelectronic interaction of company employees. It should be noted that in this case the interaction is not formalized, as in the case of the Workflow system, and at the same time it is not a standard archive, like EDMS.
Now you should consider each in more detail.
These are more accounting information systems that can be used in several variations:
- The construction of a full-fledged information system in order to identify and plan all the resources of the company.
- Formation of effectiveplanning and managing the resources available to the company that may be required for production, sales, purchases, as well as accounting for the execution of certain orders.
Now consider what ERP-information systems are. Examples of them will also be given below.
ERP-system fully automates the procedures,which form business processes. For example, this may relate to the fulfillment of a buyer's order, which includes the immediate acceptance of an order, the provision of an account, the placement of an order, the receipt of a cash payment for its execution, the unloading of the desired goods from the warehouse and subsequent delivery to the destination. In this case, ERP is used to process a sales order and subsequently perform the functions of a guide that will automate certain steps associated with the execution of the order, including also a procedure such as a test. Information systems in this case take on a complete organization.
CRM is a specialized management conceptrelationship with the client. With reference to the term management of doing business of a certain company - this is the commercial information systems of the organization of the company, focused on the needs of the buyer, as well as to ensure extremely active and fruitful work with it. CRM is aimed at limiting the improvement of sales of a certain product or service, rather than manufacturing.
If we consider the examples of what CRM-information systems are, examples, then we can single out a free and at the same time simple enough project that was developed by FOSS-ON-LINE.
ECM is the main infrastructure, andalso the technical architecture necessary to support a single life cycle of chaotic information of various formats and types. Such systems are composed of a number of proposals that interact with each other, and can also be used and sold subsequently as a separate product.
CPM is a complex of several methodologies, andalso metrics, industry models and processes that provide effective management and monitoring of the performance of a particular company. CPM technology is an extension, as well as further development of the concept of information and analytical systems. It is also used as a complement to the reporting and analysis of the functions of consolidation, strategic planning, budgeting and further forecasting.
HRM is an automatedcomplex system necessary for personnel management. Considering classes of information systems and comparing this with others, we can say that this differs by a broader functional. In addition to the unique accounting and settlement system, as well as various modules that can be used to process quantitative data, it also includes a specialized HR-loop that is designed to interact with quality employees.
EAM classes of information systems are intendedfor the automation of processes related to the maintenance of various equipment, its restoration, as well as for further maintenance. They often enough can be used in various enterprises, which are involved in significant production capacity, or on those who need to have reliable and stable operation of the equipment.
The application of this system allowsreduce costs that relate to maintenance and repair of equipment, which will significantly affect the stability of the products, reducing the unplanned downtime of the equipment, and ultimately will also minimize the cost of production and, consequently, increase the final profit.
This system is used to managethe company's documentation, and its main task is logging, storing and later archiving in a certain place as much documentation as possible so that all the necessary data can not be lost in the life cycles of the company. In particular, it can also be legal information systems.
The use of EDMS is oftenproviding an optimized search for various input information, as well as accelerated input and output of the one that was introduced earlier. In other words, this system is comparable to a large electronic archive, as well as initial inclinations of Workflow technology.
Workflow is a kind of conveyorelectronic turnover of documents in the office, in connection with which they too can be legal information systems. It is optimized for the current rules of electronic document management. The order in such systems includes its description, terms of execution, lists of responsible employees, as well as the files used and a number of other attributes. Orders in this case are the basis for working with traditional documentation.
Also this system can be characterized inas a fully structured ED system with fairly rigid rules for the movement of documents, orders and creation of electronic archives, as well as journaling all incoming and outgoing correspondence. At the same time, all information is stored in one place, which makes it much easier to find the required documentation, and also to access it.
This is an unstructured information system. The region of communication of the company's employees in this case works on the principle of oral communication, that is, the person who gives the instruction, in this case, and controls, keeping detailed records in a certain blog, which can be accessible to different employees or groups of employees. In addition, this system also provides management of forums, personal correspondence, e-mail and various virtual negotiation processes.